Out With the Old, In With the New – Part I | Elberta Campus
It’s All About Jesus - Out With the Old, In With the New - Part I
- Put to Death the Old Lifestyle (5-7)
- Put Away Old Attitudes (8-9a)
- Remember You Are a Christian (9b-11)
Sermon Debrief Discussion Questions:
- What is the difference in dying in Christ and putting a sin or habit to death? Is putting a sin or habit to death a one-time event or a process? Why?
- In what ways are the sins listed in verse 5 destructive in human lives?
- Why does Paul equate greed with idolatry? What do we worship when we are greedy?
- Which sins and attitudes of the old man are most accepted by the world today? Which are most difficult to leave behind? What is needed to have the discipline to put off the old man?
- What is different about the new man, according to Paul in verse 10?
- How does this passage compare to Ephesians 4:17-32?