Out With the Old, In With the New – Part II | Perdido Key Campus
It’s All About Jesus - Out With the Old, In With the New - Part II
- New Self (12-14)
- New Peace (15)
- New Lifestyle (16-17)
- Based on Colossians 3:12-14, what attributes should characterize a follower of Christ? What attitudes should we display toward one another?
- How are these traits different from the ones mentioned in Colossians 3:5-8? How does the gospel redefine our community?
- Paul used the analogy of putting on clothes to explain the gospel transformation that happens to a Christian. What is the last garment that covers everything else? Why is this so important?
- All that Paul describes here leads to the conclusion that Christians are meant to grow and thrive in relationships with other Christians. How would you respond to a believer who felt they didn’t need other believers?
- What does it mean that you have been called to this peace? If we don’t control our hearts, what controls them?
- What does it look like when you commit your whole life to doing everything in word and deed in the name of Jesus? How do our committed relationships with one another motivate us to live this way?
- What is one specific thing you have learned from another follower of Christ with whom you regularly share life? What do you hope to learn in the future?