For Families with Kids
Please know that your families will continue to be in our prayers as we navigate these circumstances together. Our hope is to keep your kids engaged and provide ways for them to grow spiritually.
Connect Group Lesson for Families from Lifeway
Follow the instructions below to access a weekly lesson for families to complete together.
Step 1: Go to https://my.lifeway.com/redeem
Step 2: Register if you are a new user or Login if you already have an account
Step 3: Enter this redemption code: VZMD4SSQ38
Step 4: Click “Access” (if prompted to sign in again, sign in) and then click “My Dashboard,” and go to LifeWay Kids at Home
Step5: Download your Activity Page and One Conversation Sheet to use as you watch the video session.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account. You will receive an email from RightNow Media inviting you to set up an account.
The Mr. Phil Show by Phil Vischer
1 John – What is a Christian? by Phil Vischer (most of these sessions are included in The Mr. Phil Show)
Ephesians – What is God’s Plan? by Phil Vischer
1 Peter- Where does Hope Come From? by Phil Vischer
Philippians – Where does Joy Come From? by Phil Vischer
Seeds Family Worship
For younger children:
NightOwls and Early Birds
Hermie and Friends
For older children:
Adventures in Odyssey
https://www.khanacademy.org | Math for all grades, AP Courses, HS Science, Humanities, Computing, Economics and Finance
https://education.minecraft.net | Variety of topics-great for kids that love Minecraft https://www.typingclub.com | Typing lessons
https://www.overdrive.com | Free digital library-available for military members (NavyMWR) and Alabama (Camellia) library card holders.
*Check your local library for digital books and resources.
https://www.duolingo.com | Learn a new language!
Ideas to Survive
- This a great time to focus on family discipleship. Read the daily Foundations reading together and discuss.
- Memorize the weekly family discipleship verse together.
- As a family, reach out to your neighbors – find out who needs a meal, groceries picked up, or yard work done. Be the hands and feet of the Gospel to your neighbors.
- Dust off the board games stuffed at the back of the closet and play!
- Get outside, take a walk, run around the back yard, shoot some hoops, take a bike ride, have a nerf war.
- Take a trip to the beach.
- Put together a 1000 piece puzzle.
- Spring clean your house as a family.
- Read aloud a book that you enjoyed to your kids (or pretend to like one).
- Listen to an audio book.
- Turn up the music and dance together.
- Make a schedule and limit electronics.
- Learn how to play Minecraft and build a world.
- Learn a new skill – bake something, sew something, draw something, learn an instrument (Youtube is your friend).
- Plant a garden.
- Take a virtual tour of a museum https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
- Watch a classic movie from your childhood.
Enjoy your time with your family; your children will be telling their grandkids about this so make the most of it.