Hope | Perdido Key Campus
Advent - Hope
- See the dawn of hope. (1-2)
- Remember despair has been defeated. (3-5)
- Cling to the promise of hope. (6-7)
- From Isaiah 9:2-3, what hope was there for Israel? In Isaiah 9:3, how significant was this news?
- What two verbs are used in Isaiah 9:4-5 to describe the results of the birth of the promised Messiah?
- Do you think Isaiah’s language here reflects the attitude of most believers today about what Jesus has done for them? Why or why not?
- Would you say you have experienced Jesus in this way, shattering the yoke and rod of your oppressor? Explain.
- Of these names and facts in Isaiah 9:6-7, which encourages you the most right now? Why?
- What comfort does it give you in your current circumstances to know that God fulfilled His promise in Isaiah through the birth of Jesus, the Messiah?
- If Jesus shattered the oppressive yoke on the cross, then why do so many believers still live in oppression? How does Isaiah 9 inform you of what to do about this?